Saturday 5 May 2012

Mardhiah and Maisarah’s GreenRibbonDress





In the name of Allah the Most Merciful and Graceful
This fabric was bought just before I met Ama (Rahmatul Hidayah) and she chosen it to make a dress for her daughters each. I myself fell in love with the printing of this fabric on the first sight. I really think I want to tell you the story..
As usual.. I went straight to the cotton section when I'm buying fabric for my girls and PIPOP. I'm quite frustrated with the shopping session this time because I couldn't find pretty fabric printing that catches my eyes. So in my way back, I stumbled onto this fabric and I put my finger to the fabric, rubbing it.. between my fingers.. just to feel the fabric condition (like I always do when I pass to any group of fabric).
And I am so surprised that the feels is so similar to cotton but with added coolness. It's not like normal baju kurung fabric such as polyester, crepe, chiffon etc. And it's called viscose. I promptly asked the workers to cut the fabric, along with 3 other fabric printing from this viscose fabric group.
I called this fabric green grass, because it has such a very pretty and catchy green colour, with small flower with so many colours, which make this fabric printing such a very colourful and sweet product.
Sure enough, this fabric is the one chosen by Ama for her daughters' dresses. I know that I would too.. and the results can be seen at this PIPOP page
My next meeting on that day was with K.Roz, and this fabric was again chosen to be her two daughters' next dresses.
Mardhiah was there too, I showed her My Ribbon Dress, and she loved it. But since K.Roz wants two dresses from the same fabric pattern, she ordered new dresses from PIPOP. Mardhiah wants a ribbon in front of the dress, but after I finished sewing GreenGreenGrass Dress and published it on PIPOP facebook, she saw the dresses I made for Amani and Asfa, Mardhiah told her mom that she wants something-like-belt on the waistline along with the ribbon.
K.Roz wants a short sleeve and a heel-length skirt. So, with those specific design requested by mother and daughter, the Green Ribbon Dress were finished!


Mardhiah wears the dress right away, after she received it. While for Maisarah..she doesn't have a clue of what she was wearing =) but still.. she's so cute! And the dresses too~~

Love..love..
PIPOP Raihan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear ur thoughts n comments. I'll try to get back to u d best as I can =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...