Wednesday 16 May 2012

PIPOP Kitty Dress




Bismillaahirrahmaanirraahiim..
This post is about refashion a shirt to a dress. These two yellow t-shirts have three kittens figure sewn on the body. I love the bright yellow colour and of course the kittens, because they are so cute. But since the shirt is not pink hah~~ my two princesses doesn't wear it as much as I would love them to. So, after some rearranging of their clothes, I took out these shirts and put it in my sewing room for further refashion.
Only now that I have the time to do something for my loved ones after so many order before (alhamdulillah..). I let them chose the fabric and they had chosen this bright red swiss cotton fabric that I had used to make these dresses before:

The skirts were two tiered where the first tier is a fit to the shirt size but the second tier is gathered which you can see that the results is not as any usual gathered skirt. Next was, I sew on the back waistline, an elastic, just to fit the shirt bodice. I do it because the original shirt is not a fitted shirt but a loose one so, it was not so pretty that my daughters wears the finished dress very loosely.
What more satisfied than seeing my daughters wears the dresses straight after I finished sewing it! =) and a bonus.. that they really loved them!!
To this date that I write this post, they had wears it more than 5 times in about two weeks. Another job well done =)
Alhamdulillah..

Luv..Luv..
Raihan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear ur thoughts n comments. I'll try to get back to u d best as I can =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...