Monday 19 March 2012

Siska Dress






Assalamualaikum.. =)
Today I would like to show not my latest project but still recent and it's called Siska Dress, complimentary of my niece's name~Siska. What a nice name right? And..of course this dress was made for her!!
Using Swiss Cotton fabric, this very cute dress size 00 is for 6months old baby. Actually the colour is a very bright red (camera not so good..) so I decided to softened the colour by mixing it with soft pink fabric with stripes printing.


These two pictures have one difference and surely you can immediately spot it.
I thought that the dress was done after embellishing it with the bow but I can't help myself from thinking of something else needed to be added to the dress as something is not quite right. So I tried to add something, searching for ideas from what available in hands, then I spot a straight cut scrap fabric and I know that this had to be the bow's hanging ribbon. I zigzag stitch the sides of fabric, same as what I did to the bow, and hand stitch the ribbon to the back of the bow. Hah..it's done and I'm satisfied enough to pass it to Siska for wearing.. does this makes you dizzy hehehe.. sorry.. only that I myself having quite a headache solving this.
Siska Dress is a three tiered skirt with a slightly left side-opening bodice. I finished the side-opening with the pink fabric bias, as well as the end of cuffs and under the arm for uniqueness =)
Have I told you lately (that I love you..*song*) that the dresses I made were exclusive and will not be replicated? Even if the design is same, the fabric won't. So be sure and satisfied enough that your princesses have the one and only dress in the world unless you wanted it to be the same for siblings or special occasion..of course I'll be happy to do it for you.. PIPOP is a dress-making boutique with a factory making price.
Okay..back to Siska Dress..
Hopefully this will nicely and sweetly suits Siska and her mother will love it because at her age, Siska won't notice a thing about her dress..hmm~~

Luv..luv..
Raihan

1 comment:

I love to hear ur thoughts n comments. I'll try to get back to u d best as I can =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...